In 2016, our supporters took part in various fundraising activities for our 20th anniversary, which have all been great fun! The fun doesn't have to stop there...
Personal 20:20 Challenge
If you’d still like to support The Brokerage, why not take part in our 20:20 personal challenge where you can do your own thing to support The Brokerage's 20th anniversary!
Whether it's a bake sale, a jumble sale, a quiz night or something else, you can still donate or raise funds for us via our JustGiving page.
For help setting up your JustGiving page, click here.
Whatever you do to support us, its greatly appreciated! A huge thank you in advance.
How will the money I raise be used?
With more funding we can:
- Reach more young people from disadvantaged backgrounds, schools or boroughs in London and inspire and motivate them to reach their potential.
- Deliver outreach sessions in London’s schools and colleges where we don’t already work.
- Influence policy makers on employability, social mobility and diversity issues relevant to Brokerage candidates.
- Provide practical advice, support and information to students who approach us, through telephone, website and face-to-face meetings.
- £10 provides a young person with a careers advice session by telephone, £25 covers a pre-interview briefing session face-to-face, and £350 pays for a half-day employability skills workshop in a school or college.
Setting up your JustGiving page
To make fundraising as simple as possible, we’ve partnered with JustGiving. JustGiving handle all payments to The Brokerage, retrieve Gift Aid from HMRC, and provide a very efficient way for you to keep in touch with your supporters, family and friends.
- First, visit our page on the Just Giving site by clicking here.
- Then click on the fundraise for us button.
- You’ll now need to either log in to your existing JustGiving account, or set up a new account (just follow the on-screen insructions)
- Once you’ve logged in/created your account, you need to select the option ‘do your own thing’.
- Next, decide on your fundraising target, and off you go!
Top tips for creating your page
- Make sure the page is as personal and interesting as possible.
- Add a photo of yourself (training or not!).
- Write ‘your story’ with the reasons and why you are raising funds for us.
- Email the link provided to friends, family and colleagues.
- See if you can get the first person to sponsor you to give a high value gift – it can inspire the ones who follow to do likewise!