We're almost at the end of 2012 - and what a year it was. We would like to send a huge thank you to all our teachers, volunteers, corporate partners and candidates for all the incredible support we have received.
Here's a few of our achievements this year:
- 149 workplace visits brought 2520 young people into the City, Canary Wharf and the West End
- 156 young people successfully gained paid internships and job opportunities
- 17 of our candidates are currently in long-term work placements and 15 are now in permanent employment
- Young people from 101 schools have been able to benefit
- 66 businesses and institutions supported us with funding, workshop venues and placements, and more than 600 volunteer hours were contributed
"It's great to make a difference to students from the same area that I came from."
"It's really useful for me to help explain my role!"
"It's opened my eyes to see that even I can work in a place like this"
"The volunteers were so nice and friendly and they explained everything in a way we could understand."
|"Although it was challenging, at the same time it was very fun and exciting. It has been extremely valuable and will definitely contribute to success a long way down the line in life.
In all, I loved it!"
Thank you for all your support during 2012!
We wish you and your colleagues a wonderful Christmas and a very happy and successful New Year.
Warmest regards from The Brokerage Team