For over a decade, we’ve been helping talented young Londoners access careers in the business and finance industries.
Opportunities in the City
Sixth formers and undergraduates can register with the Brokerage to access unique and exclusive opportunities, including workshops, events, internships and job opportunities. The Brokerage team will also work with you to ensure your CV and interviews skills are up to the high standards of recruiters, and provide advice and assistance where you need it.
- Attend or have attended a state school or college in London
- Be eligible to work in the UK
Please note that some individual opportunities and programmes that we offer have additional criteria, including geographic restrictions or minimum academic requirements.
For details of our City of London Business Traineeship (CBT) programme click here.
How to register with the Brokerage
- Visit our “Sign Up” section and enter your personal details. Make sure that these are accurate, as you will be required to provide evidence at a later stage. You will get a confirmation email and start receiving news and opportunities from the Brokerage.
- Book a registration appointment with the Brokerage. Look out for regular emails inviting you to book a registration appointment with the team. We need to meet candidates in person before we can consider you for some opportunities, including paid internships and jobs.
- Attend your registration appointment at the Brokerage. We will ask you to bring proof of your eligibility to work in the UK, your address and your academics, which we must have seen before we can consider you for many opportunities. This is also your chance to meet our team for the first time and start discussing your needs and future ambitions.
Why register with the Brokerage?
- Work with our experienced team who have many years of experience connecting young people with careers in business
- Gain individual advice and feedback before, during and after your applications
- Attend networking events, career masterclasses and much more
- Apply to a variety of opportunities, from apprenticeships to paid internships to jobs in business
- Access many opportunities that are exclusively for Brokerage candidates!
Who cannot register with the Brokerage?
Unfortunately the following are not able to register with the Brokerage:
- Those in Year 11 or younger: But talk to your teacher about getting your school involved in our workshops!
- Graduates and adult jobseekers: We unfortunately don’t have capacity to register new candidates in these age groups
- Those who have not attended a state school in London: But you can still take our tour of the City and access our resources!
Disclaimer and privacy:
- The Brokerage Citylink is a registered charity (number 1059173)
- All contact details, information and personal documents provided by candidates will be only used and stored by the Brokerage Citylink, and never given to anyone else without prior permission. Anonymised demographic information will be used for reporting purposes.
- Candidates can request to unsubscribe from Brokerage communications at any time, requests can be made by email, telephone or post.
- Full Child Safeguarding and Protection, Data Protection and Health & Safety policies are available on request. All Brokerage Citylink staff undertake full DBS checks.
- The Brokerage Citylink reserves the right to discontinue working with any candidate at any time, under their own discretion and without prior notice.
- Candidates will be required to read and sign a full undertaking agreement when they register in person.
Schools and Colleges
91% of candidates joining us last year were from BAME backgrounds
224 schools and colleges worked with us in the past year
Tell me more facts