Managed by the City of London Corporation, the City of London Business Traineeship (CBT) Programme gives state educated, ambitious and talented young Londoners the chance to undertake paid internships with City employers.
Each summer, we offer over 100 opportunities across financial, professional and related services, IT, insurance, legal and business administration sectors.
Year 13 students are given a unique opportunity to gain real experience, real responsibility and real pay after their sixth form studies.
Who can sign up? New eligibility criteria from April 2017 means more students can apply!
To be eligible for this programme, students need to:
1. Study in a City fringe borough - City of London, Camden, Hackney, Islington, Lambeth, Southwark, Tower Hamlets, Westminster.
2. Live in one of the following boroughs - City of London, Camden, Hackney, Islington, Lambeth, Southwark, Tower Hamlets, Westminster, Barking and Dagenham, Brent, Greenwich, Haringey, Lewisham, Newham or Waltham Forest or live in another London borough and be eligible for free school meals or live in another London borough and be the first in your generation to be going to university.
3. Be in their final year of A levels or equivalent
4. Have a minimum of grade B in English and Maths at GCSE
5. Be eligible to work in the UK
If your school is based in a City-fringe borough, it would be great to organise an assembly or classroom presentation so we can introduce your students to the programme, giving them a chance to access a 6-13 week internship at a leading firm.
We help leading companies to fill their school leaver, apprenticeship and graduate roles by introducing them to a diverse pool of talent. We prepare our candidates for the world of work so they are able to compete with their affluent peers in a crowded recruitment sphere.
All London state schools are eligable and we'd be delighted to visit your school to introduce students to The Brokerage and the career opportunities we offer.
Please contact a member of our team or call 020 7628 9904 to arrange for The Brokerage team to come to your school.
Please note, all our staff are DBS checked.
We've worked with over 125 companies to help fill their school leaver, apprenticeship and graduate roles
3,585 hours of volunteering were provided by our corporate partners in 2016
Tell me more facts