About the Brokerage Young Leaders Programme
Following our successful Generation 2020 Ambassador pilot, we will launch a larger scale ‘Young Leaders’ programme.
Who is the programme aimed at?
The programme is aimed at the most engaged candidates who show potential and commitment to develop leadership skills (e.g. public speaking, networking, analytical thinking and project management) via mentorship and an exclusive structured programme of events.
Who are we looking for and who can apply?
We are looking for Brokerage candidates who are committed to their professional and personal development, our mission, and are passionate about driving change in the financial and related professional services (and the wider corporate sector).
- You must be an active Brokerage candidate (preferably attended at least 4 interventions in the last 12 months). Candidates who have just joined The Brokerage before June 2021 can also still apply
- You have taken part in any of the following programmes; mentoring, work experience, internships, insight days in the past two years. Note this does not have to be exclusively with The Brokerage
- Open to all candidates in year 12, year 13, undergraduates (and those studying for a Masters), and those on a gap year
- Commitment to The Brokerage’s mission
- Keen interest in the financial and related sector
- Want to grow and develop your leadership skills
What would you be doing as a Brokerage Young Leader?
As Brokerage Young Leader, you will have opportunities to put your learnings into practice by:
- Participating in youth consultancy for corporate partners
- Public speaking at schools, universities and Brokerage events
- Acting as inspirational role models to those early on in their career journey
- Hosting and producing the A-Z podcast (established and led by previous Ambassadors)
- Taking part in social media ‘takeovers’
- Contributing ideas to programme development
- Providing insights to us and our corporate partners and leading on identified projects
- Supporting with registrations and school assemblies
- Taking part in regular meetings (at least once a month in the evenings)
- Promoting what we do through your network through your social media channels. You will receive support from our Communications and Marketing team.
The benefits of becoming a Brokerage Ambassador
As a Brokerage Young Leader, you will have an unique opportunity to work closely with The Brokerage, providing you the opportunity to benefit from the following areas:
- Develop yourself a leader both professionally and personally
- Access to an exclusive structured programme of events and mentorship
- Develop your personal brand and recognition as a Brokerage Young Leader
- Develop your public speaking, networking and communication skills
- Build friendships with likeminded people
How To Apply
Interested in becoming a Brokerage Young Leader? Please send us a copy of your CV and your response to the questions in the application form.
Please click here to view the application form. We recommend that you first type your responses in a word document and then copy and paste
- Deadline: 11pm on Sunday 25th July
- Candidates will be notified of the outcome of their application w/c Monday 2nd August
Please email Oris Ikomi at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
If you are a business or organisation who would like to support these Young Leaders, find out more here.