The Brokerage Young Leaders programme is now open to applications from Brokerage Candidates for 2022-23.
Who is the programme aimed at?
Our Changemaker Young Leaders programme is a unique opportunity aimed at the most engaged Brokerage Candidates who want to help change the corporate world, making it more equitable and inclusive for other young people from underrepresented backgrounds. In addition to demonstrating their “change-maker” skills, Young Leaders are Candidates who show potential and commitment to developing their leadership capabilities; public speaking skills; confidence and networking with senior professionals.
Through a structured programme of exclusive events and coaching opportunities, you will have the opportunity to take your Brokerage journey to the next level with a group of like-minded peers as part of a growing Young Leaders community.
As a Changemaker Young Leader, you will get opportunities to put learnings into practice via practical opportunities through our Changemaker programmes where you will take part in corporate facing focus groups, reverse mentoring of senior leaders and expert talks that you will deliver to our corporate partners.
As a Changemaker Young Leader, you will make a difference and benefit by:
- Developing yourself a leader both professionally and personally
- Accessing an exclusive structured programme of events and mentorship
- Influencing corporate practices, impacting future generations of young people, just like you
- Getting a ‘behind the scenes’ understanding of corporate recruitment, culture and other organisational practices
- Developing your network with corporate professionals across a range of industries
- Building your understanding of Diversity Equity and Inclusion within the business context
- Developing your personal brand and recognition as a Brokerage Young Leader
- Build friendships and community with likeminded people
We aim to work around your schedule and therefore only ask that you commit to a minimum of 3 months of your time based on a time of the year which works best for you. Once you have completed at least 3 youth consultancy activities during your committed period e.g (focus groups, reverse mentoring and expert talks) you will be eligible for promotion to the role of an ‘Ambassadorial Young Leader.’
As an Ambassadorial Young Leader, you will have access to even more specialised interventions and activities including exclusive social events to network with our corporate partners, supporting the facilitation of The Brokerage activities and events such as our webinar series, leading our A-Z talks Podcast and directly supporting other young people, like you in the development of their personal and professional journeys.
On reaching the end of the programme, you will receive a respected certificate of completion showcasing the valuable and transferable skills you have gained from the experience.
Who are we looking for and who can apply?
We are looking for Brokerage Candidates that are committed to their professional and personal development, our mission, and are passionate about driving change in the corporate sector.
- You must be an active Brokerage Candidate (preferably attended at least 4 interventions (ie. events etc.) in the last 12 months). Candidates that have newly joined The Brokerage before June 2022 can still apply
- You have taken part in any of the following programmes: mentoring, work experience, internships, insight days in the past 2 years. Note this does not have to be exclusively with The Brokerage
- Open to all candidates in Year 12, 13 undergraduates (and Masters students), and on a gap year or Apprenticeship
- Commitment to The Brokerage’s mission
- Keen interest in a future career in the corporate sector
How to apply:
Answer the following question via video format and send to Niha at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘ ‘Changemaker video application’ and your name.
Question: Why do you want to become a Changemaker Young Leader, and what you want to get out of the experience?
Fill in this google form by 5pm on 10th August 2022: https://forms.gle/TftHENqFP39HPZ3x7
Please note, selection and screening will take place between Friday 2nd August – 10th August 2022. Successful and unsuccessful candidates will be notified Friday 12th August 2022.