We are recruiting for the following:
The Brokerage is looking to recruit 20 volunteer Leadership Coaches to help support individuals taking part in our new Young Leaders Programme.
Ideally, you will be a Brokerage alumni (former beneficiary of our services) with 3 or more years of professional work experience able to commit to 2 hours of volunteering per month over a 4 month period (October 2021- February 2022). You will be provided with training and will be matched 1:1 with one of our Young Leaders (exceptional Brokerage candidates aged 17-20) to deliver coaching sessions designed to help promote their leadership skills.
What is Leadership Coaching?
Our Volunteer Leadership Coaches will be trained to conduct 1:1 coaching sessions with our Young Leaders on four different leadership areas: Growth Mindset, Effective Communication, Dealing with Change, Motivation- themselves and others. These topics have been selected to help them develop skills that will lay the foundations for future success, as they embark on their careers. You do not need to be experts on these topics as we will provide you with guidance on how to deliver these sessions.
Our Young Leaders are all individuals who have worked with the Brokerage over 2020-21 or longer, and they act as ambassadors for our programmes and our wider network of young people. They are ambitious, intelligent and driven and we are excited to be able to provide them with an opportunity to be matched with individuals who have also benefited from The Brokerage’s programmes and can relate to their experiences.
You can read more about the Young Leaders programme here:
What are we looking for:
- Volunteers (ideally Brokerage alumni) with 3 or more years experience working in a professional environment
- Able to commit to 4 x 1 hour coaching sessions over November 2021-February 2021 either virtually or face-to-face (to be arranged directly between coach and coachee)
- Able to commit to attending a 1.5-hour virtual volunteer training session in October (date TBC)
- Volunteers that are comfortable in using their lived and professional experiences
Support you’ll receive from The Brokerage:
- Virtual training session to prepare for 1:1 coaching sessions
- Briefing notes prior to 1:1 coaching session
- Supporting material to use as prompts for coaching conversations
- Named point of contact for any issues that arise during your volunteering
Interested? Here’s how to register your interest:
Please email Nayaab Sattar at firstname.lastname@example.org expressing your interest for the position, a brief biography of your career to date, why you are interested in the position and any dates that you are NOT available in October to attend the 1.5 hour leadership coaching training (this will likely be an early evening session)