The Brokerage Citylink Privacy Statement
The Brokerage is a registered social mobility charity, helping young people access careers in financial, professional and related services.
At The Brokerage we take your privacy seriously, are committed to protecting your personal information and adhere to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) May 2018. We endeavour to ensure that your personal data will be processed in accordance with the GDPR and that:
- it will be processed fairly and lawfully
- it will be obtained only for one or more specified and lawful purposes, and shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose or those purposes
- it will be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose(s) for which they are processed
- it will be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date
- it will not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes in line with our data retention policy
- it will be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects under this regulation
- technical and organisational measures shall be taken against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data
- it will not be transferred to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area.
The Brokerage may collect the following data:
Information about you
We may collect personal information from you when you:
- enquire about the website, our services, opportunities and/or about The Brokerage
- request or share your information through the website
- register for any of our mailing lists or events
- contact us through the website, or any other channel including social media.
This personal information may include but is not limited to the following information about you:
- your date of birth
- your name (including your first name(s) and surname)
- your email address
- your postcode
- your phone number
- other details about you that you or others provide to us
- video footage and photos of you.
We may also ask for or collect some non-personal information from you.
How do we use this information?
Your personal information will only be used by us to:
- process your requests
- respond to your questions or comments
- provide or administer activities relating to The Brokerage’s services or the services offered on the website, including relevant opportunities
- provide you with information relating to The Brokerage, the website or our services, or that we feel may be of interest to you
- maintain our organisational records in accordance with our data protection and retention policies
- carry out anonymised or pseudonymised research, including evaluation carried out for us by another organisation or to prepare reports.
Who will we share your data with?
The Brokerage will not distribute or pass your personal information to third parties unless we have your consent or are required by law to do so. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the GDPR.
Please contact us if:
- you wish to wish to make a subject access request or
- you believe that any information that The Brokerage is holding on you is incorrect or incomplete or
- you would like to change your data preferences, including opting out of any communications.
You can contact us at:
The Brokerage will acknowledge receipt of your request within three working days and provide you with a timely response in line with GDPR.
Legal basis for using your information
In most cases, we will only use your personal information where we have your consent or because we need to use it in order to fulfil a request from you (for example, because you have registered your interest in a fundraising event or want to hear about work opportunities).
However, there are other lawful reasons that allow us to process your personal information and one of those is called ‘legitimate interests’. This means that the reason that we are processing information is because there is a legitimate interest for The Brokerage to process your information to help us to achieve our vision of a world where a young person’s ability and aspiration alone determine their career path.
Whenever we process your personal information under the ‘legitimate interest’ lawful basis we make sure that we take into account your rights and interests and will not process your personal information if we feel that there is an imbalance.
Some examples of where we have a legitimate interest to process your personal information are where we use your personal information for data analytics, conducting research to better understand who our beneficiaries and supporters are, improving our services, for our legal purposes (for example, dealing with complaints and claims), or for complying with guidance from the Charity Commission.
The Brokerage uses the Salesforce CRM database for storing your data and from time to time may also use Google Analytics for traffic tracking activity on our website. These organisations provide high levels of security and protection. You can find out more about Salesforce’s position on security here and Google’s here.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of data that are stored on your computer, mobile phone or other device that websites and applications use for security purposes and to deliver products, services, and advertisements, and to understand how they are used. With these technologies, a website or application can store information on your browser or device and later read that information back. We explain more about each of these technologies and how they are used on this page.
- Show what matters to you – they help us know who you are so we can show content that’s most relevant to you, including features, products, and ads
- Improve your experience – they work with the sites’ features and help us improve our products and services.
- Protection and security – they help secure the website by letting us know if someone engages in activity that violates our terms.
Categories of use and examples:
- We use this information to understand how people use our website.
Security and site integrity
- We use these to help keep our website safe and secure. They support or enable security features and help us detect activity that could harm the site.
Site features and services
- These provide functionality that help us deliver products and services.
- We use these to provide you with the best experience possible.
(Amended August 2018)