What a fantastic evening! On Monday we celebrated the last academic year in style thanks to Quilter who very kindly provided the venue for our celebration event.
We took the chance to reflect on the year just gone and to celebrate the efforts of our young people.
A big well done to candidates who won awards (and gave amazing acceptance speeches), including:
- The Commitment to Professional Development awards
Adrian Phiri, Rechella Ketedzi, Manvith Kankipati, Magnus Yeung, Michaela Sey, Sade Walters
- Mentee of the Year Nandini Patel who took part in the Markel Mentoring programme
- Intern of the Year Rahul Doshi who interned with The Hartford
- New Starter of the Year Michael Michael Nunekpeku who is on the Vocational Traineeship scheme at Newton Investment Management Group.
- Young Leader of the Year Sam Kenna
We were also pleased to celebrate 20 years of partnership with the Worshipful Company of International Bankers who received our Outstanding Supporter award. Since 2003 the WCIB have been supporting our work, helping us deliver programmes that change the lives of our young people.
Many thanks also to our keynote speaker, Brokerage alumni Tosin James-Odukoya, who gave an inspiring speech about her career journey, and to our young leaders for presenting the event.