When you finish full-time education do you see yourself working in the City?
Are you ready for a challenge?
Then the City of London Business Traineeship Programme could be for you!
What is the City of London Business Traineeship Programme?
A unique opportunity for talented young Londoners to gain real experience, real responsibility and real pay after their sixth form studies.
With opportunities across banking and the financial services, IT, insurance, legal and business administration sectors there are a wide variety of placements available. The placements are between 6-13 weeks and are paid at the going rate for that job.
This is not about work-shadowing - this will be a real job.
Am I right for the programme?
To be eligible for this programme you need to be:
- living or studying in one of the following boroughs - Camden, City of London, Hackney, Islington, Lambeth, Southwark, Tower Hamlets or Westminster
- in your final year of A levels or equivalent
- have a minimum of grade B in English and Maths at GCSE
- be eligible to work in the UK
These are strict criteria set by the programme funders. All candidates will be required to provide evidence of the above in person before they can be considered for paid placements.
If you meet some, but not all, of the criteria above, there are many other opportunities that the Brokerage may be able to offer you and you can still register with us.
Candidates for the City of London Business Traineeship Programme should also be:
- interested in gaining experience in financial services, IT, administration, marketing, the legal services or similar professional industries
- enthusiastic about participating in workshops on CV presentation and interview techniques
- willing to listen to tips and advice about attitudes, appearance and job-finding skills
Our commitment to you:
Once you have registered with us, we will:
- Give you honest and realistic feedback about your job prospects
- Provide you with job finding support and guidance
- Put you forward for suitable work experience placements
- Offer you encouragement and support before and during your placement
Joining the Brokerage Pathway will also provide access to further opportunities throughout university and beyond, and we also have many opportunities for students who are interested in alternatives to university.
How do I register?
- Visit our "Sign Up" section and enter your personal details. Make sure that these are accurate, as you will be required to provide evidence at a later stage. You will get a confirmation email and start receiving news and opportunities from the Brokerage.
- Book a registration appointment with the Brokerage. Look out for regular emails inviting you to book a registration appointment with the team. We need to meet candidates in person before we can consider you for some opportunities, including paid internships and jobs.
- Attend your registration appointment at the Brokerage. We will ask you to bring proof of your eligibility to work in the UK, your address and your academics, which we must have seen before we can consider you for many opportunities. This is also your chance to meet our team for the first time and start discussing your needs and future ambitions.
I'm ready to apply!
Please double check you meet the eligibility requirements above, then let's get started:
Welcome to the Brokerage Pathway!
Disclaimer and privacy:
- The Brokerage Citylink is a registered charity (number 1059173)
- All contact details, information and personal documents provided by candidates will be only used and stored by the Brokerage Citylink, and never given to anyone else without prior permission.
- Anonymised demographic information will be used for reporting purposes.
- Candidates can request to unsubscribe from Brokerage communications at any time, requests can be made by email, telephone or post.
- Full Child Protection, Data Protection and Health & Safety policies are available on request. All Brokerage Citylink staff undertake full CRB checks.
- The Brokerage Citylink reserves the right to discontinue working with any candidate at any time, under their own discretion and without prior notice.
- Candidates will be required to read and sign a full undertaking agreement when they register in person.