With more than 100 opportunities across banking and the financial services, IT, insurance, legal and business administration sectors there are a wide variety of placements available. The placements are between 6-13 weeks and are paid at the going rate for the job, which is up to £450 a week.
A unique opportunity for talented young Londoners to gain real experience, real responsibility and real pay after their sixth form studies.
To be eligible for this programme you need to:
• Live AND study in one of the following boroughs - Camden, City of London, Hackney, Islington, Lambeth, Southwark, Tower Hamlets or Westminster
• Be in your final year of A levels or equivalent
• Have a minimum of grade B in English and Maths at GCSE
• Be eligible to work in the UK
If you meet some, but not all, of the criteria above, there are many other opportunities that the Brokerage may be able to offer you and you can still register with us.
• Year 12 students wishing to access opportunities in the City can register with us and if you meet eligibility criteria for the CBT programme, will be invited to sign up for the 2017 programme.
• Year 13 students interested in accessing school leaver and apprenticeship opportunities, but not eligible for CBT are encouraged to register with us to gain access to other placements.
Candidates for the City of London Business Traineeship Programme should be:
• Interested in gaining experience in financial services, IT, administration, marketing, the legal services or similar professional industries.
• Enthusiastic about participating in workshops on CV presentation and interview techniques.
• Willing to listen to tips and advice about attitudes, appearance and job-finding skills.
Once you have registered with us, we will:
• Give you honest and realistic feedback about your job prospects
• Provide you with job finding support and guidance
• Put you forward for suitable work experience placements
• Offer you encouragement and support before and during your placement
1. Visit our "Sign Up" section and enter your personal details. Make sure that these are accurate, as you will be required to provide evidence at a later stage. You will get a confirmation email and start receiving news and opportunities from the Brokerage.
2. Book a registration appointment with the Brokerage. Look out for regular emails inviting you to book a registration appointment with the team. We need to meet candidates in person before we can consider you for some opportunities, including paid internships and jobs.
3. Attend your registration appointment at the Brokerage. We will ask you to bring proof of your eligibility to work in the UK, your address and your academics, which we must have seen before we can consider you for many opportunities. This is also your chance to meet our team for the first time and start discussing your needs and future ambitions.
Click here to complete our sign up form
The City of London Corporation is a diverse organisation with three main aims - to support and promote the City as a world leader in international finance and business services; to provide the highest quality local government services for the Square Mile; and to provide valued services to London the nation as a whole.
The first and third aims are underpinned by the City Corporation's commitment to support the regeneration of its neighbouring communities. The City of London shares its borders with some of the country's most deprived boroughs where unemployment is high, despite the considerable employment opportunities in the City.
The City of London Business Traineeship programme brings together these two aims: help the City to attract high calibre, well motivated staff ables to meet its skills needs, whilst also looking to local sources to attract future members of the workforce.
The Brokerage Citylink has delivered the City of London Business Traineeship programme on behalf of the City of London Corporation since 2000. The programme is fully funded by the City Corporation.
Disclaimer and privacy:
44 businesses and institutions used our recruitment services last year
Over 1000 students engaged in our school-based sessions and workshops in 2014/15
Tell me more facts