City Careers Open House secondary
Funded by the City of London Corporation, City Careers Open House secondary is an aspiration-raising programme designed to give students in Years 8-10 an introduction to business in financial, professional and related services.
The students will visit a prestigious business to have a first-hand experience of a modern working environment, gaining an insight into working life and the huge variety of opportunities the business sectors offer. They will learn about the different skills used by City workers on a day-to-day basis and how to showcase their own key skills in a professional setting.
Key highlights of the sessions include:
- An introduction to the London’s financial and business districts, allowing students to gain an understanding of the different sectors and learn about the types of jobs available
- A tour of the offices by employees of the host company, giving further insight to a modern office environment
- The opportunity to meet and interview employees to find out about their career paths
- An interactive activity designed to allow students to maximise their key skills.
This programme is free for:
- State schools in Camden, Islington, Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Lambeth and Southwark, Westminster and City of London
- State schools with over 30% of students eligible for free school meals, who are located in one of the following boroughs: Barking & Dagenham, Brent, Enfield, Greenwich, Haringey, Lewisham, Newham, Waltham Forest.